Exhibits are evidence of the historical significance of 

Peter Studebaker

Exhibit G


Detail of  deed (above) 
"..... one hundred acres of land with all singular buildings..."

The 1751 Bakers Lookout Deed sells 100 acres of Bakers Lookout property previously purchased by Peter Studebaker in 1740. This deed proves the age of the house the forging mill and the wagon factory.  Peter had the Wagon Road on this property. His driveway was a path for folks to purchase wagons and wheels.  This driveway continued to Conococheague Creek, where Peter built the first bridge in 1747 and where Peter built the Forging Mill. 

This Deed like the Shoemaker Purchase (Exhibit F) provides confirmation that the house on Bakers Lookout was built before 1751. The deed also proves that Peter Studebaker built the home on Bakers Lookout before 1751.  The property conveyed to John Long, Peter Studebaker's son-in-law married to Peter Studebaker's daughter.  The deed states "all buildings convey." 

Jonathan Hager and Suzanne Gibbons were executors of Peter's will. Thomas Prather was the surveyor and Hogmire translated Peter's will from German to English.

Bakers Lookout property, from Troope Run to Conococheague Creek, includes the wagon factory and the forging mill.